Labels

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Part 2

So the challenge we all face with money, day-to-day, is simply this: do I choose to spend my life serving this tremendous master and slave driver, or do I choose to live the life I want, at the "risk of my life"? So many people subconsiously understand the principle behind money, yet they try to solve the dillema by earning so much that they "never have to worry about it again," or proving their virtue by pushing it out of their minds, or attempting to get back at it by criticizing "all those corrupt rich people."  None of these options, however, does much good toward the real challenge - each of these responses is still an indicator of a life that is dominated and controlled by money. 

And, how could it not be?  After all, without money, there is no life, right? 

Here is the great quandry of our modern world.  It is the great moral and social and intensely individual question that all must come face-to-face with in one way or another.  Do I trust money to give me all the things that I want and so desperately need, or is there another Source?  More than that, if there is another Source, can I receive these things without money?

No comments:

Post a Comment